The subject-related training module aims to further qualify the doctoral candidates in their research and knowledge. Courses, seminars and trainings in the following areas can be taken:
- high-level (doctoral/MSc) courses on special topics in the doctoral candidates' chosen subjects
- courses in a neighboring subject
- seminars where doctoral candidates present their latest research progress to their group, incl. discussion
- self-organized weekly reading sessions on scientific papers within a group of doctoral candidates
- seminars or summer schools outside the university campus
Also, courses and trainings at national and international partner institutions may be attended. Details like workload and examination requirements must be discussed between the doctoral candidate and his/her supervisors in advance.