The IGSSE soft skills training module was set up to motivate young scientists and engineers to a critical reflection on the academic, cultural and socio-scientific rapport of modern technologies.
Doctoral candidates can choose from courses, seminars and trainings in the following fields:
- Communication & Information: presentation & negotiation techniques, rhetorics, professional moderation, lifelong learning, scientific communication, scientific writing, etc.
- Ethics & Responsibility: ethical issues, theory of science, globalization, etc.
- Personal & Career Development: conflict management, emotional competence, time & self management, networking skills, career planning, etc.
- Economics & Innovation: basic principles of economy & business life, technology management, product design, venture capital, brands, patents & licenses, etc.
- Cultural Competence: “going international“, contemporary history, international project management, gender training, language courses, etc.
IGSSE has set up cooperations with several scientific and further education institutions of the TUM. The main part is provided by the TUM Graduate School. Get an overview of all training partner institutions on our website here.