PHD School: Power Electronics in Electrical Machine and Energy Control
28 May - 1 June, Gaeta/ Italy
The preliminary program includes 6 lectures:
- Power Electronic Circuits and Controls for Modern Electric Traction Vehicles: Prof. Andreas Steimel, Head of the Chair for Electric Power Engineering and Power Electronics, Ruhr-Universität Bochum - Germany
- Stator-flux-oriented control of induction machines: Prof. Volker Staudt, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Institute for Electrical Power Engineering and Power Electronics (EELE) - Germany
- Power electronics for EV, HEV, PHEV applications: N.N.
- EV, HEV and PHEV Battery management systems: Prof. Chris Mi, Director of DTE Power Electronics Laboratory at the University of Michigan - USA
- Value based design and energy efficiency in electric power train: Dr. Karl Behr, Director Engineering Integration and Technology Bombardier Transportation Ltd - Switzerland
- Impacts from Large Scale Deployment of Electric: J. A. Peças Lopes, Coordinator of the Power Systems Unit of INESC Porto Portugal
- The role of e-mobility in smart grid development and its impact on the integration of renewables at distribution and trasmission level: N. Hatziargyriou - National Technical University of Athens, President of IEEE-Greece
Also, a company exhibition and recruitment session is planned where a number of established companies in the field of power electronics, electrical drives and systems will participate in a special meeting with the PhDs. R&D and recruitment officers will attend the Ph.D. student research presentations, plus: a special session will be dedicated to presentations of the participating companies.
Get detailed information on the program, enrollment procedures, and deadlines on the school´s website at www.phd-school.org.
Early bird registration ends 15 February 2012.