Call for applications
IGSSE Fellowship 2016
IGSSE and the Stabsstelle Chancengleichheit seek to support one outstanding female doctoral researcher or young postdoc with a strong interdisciplinary mindset pursuing an academic career. In accordance to TUM´s diversity policy, we intend to alleviate the transition from PhD phase into an academic (postdoc) career, especially for those with children and families. Moreover, the fellowship is intended to help the awardee to develop her research portfolio, increase international networking and raise funds to secure funding for further career steps and the build-up of a research group.
Applicants should prove excellent research and international experiences and show how the fellowship will support their further career steps. The successful candidate is expected to complement our graduate school´s research portfolio
- Computational Science & Engineering
- Life Sciences & Biomedical Engineering
- Nanotechnology & Advanced Materials
- Energy, Geodynamics & Environment
- Biomaterials & Biophysics
- Water Science & Technology
Previous expertise with IGSSE´s interdisciplinary and international goals is a requirement.
Applications must comprise
- Motivation letter
- Work plan for the employment period (including strategical plans for career, publications and third party funding)
- Elucidation on future enhancement of interdisciplinary collaboration within an IGSSE Project Team (with special regard to experiences in interdisciplinary research contexts)
- Copy of university degree certificates
- Publication list
- 2 letters of recommendation (1 from science, 1 from engineering), one of which should be from international faculty
A funding scheme for aspiring female researchers, consisting of a 1-year TV-L E13, 100% paygrade fellowship, including funding for travel, equipment, childcare and professional qualifications, to be complemented by the Laura Bassi-Award, securing the same paygrade for an additional 6 months. The Laura Bassi funding may be extended for another 6 months after a positive evaluation.
Preference will be given to candidates in challenging family situations or disabled candidates.
Please send your application to IGSSE project manager Jo-Anna Küster [kuester(at)zv.tum.de]. Application deadline is 18 November 2016. An invitation to an interview with members of the selection board is scheduled for the end of December 2016. Funding will start 1 January 2016.